Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hello Lovely!

If you have been following my blog, 
you are probably catching on to the fact
that my Mom is amazing! 
Not just amazing BUT she also
is amazing at finding good deals.

While out pushing and elbowing gracefully making her way to the garage sale goods,
she found this little diamond in the rough:


Cute huh?? Very complimentary to the
shovel and the red wagon
wheel in the background eh?

I gave her a lil sandin'.


I had a stain tinted at Lowe's and used it to stain the top.
 I sanded between coats and added 2 thick coats.
After the stain, I added 3 coats of Polycrylic, sanding between coats.
I used water-based poly which makes clean up
so much easier.
I let it sit overnight. Then, I covered it with
newspaper and painters tape.
I spray painted the bottom Rusto-leum's
Heirloom White.
I FINALLY found Heirloom White
and it was on sale
for $2.98 a can.
 Yep $2.98!!
Oh YEAH!
(found it @ Home Depot of all places)
Also, while at Home Depot,
I purchased a new drawer pull.
It was silver but I spray painted it
Espresso.

READY?!?
Here She is:







I happen to {LOVE} her.
I really, really, really wanted to paint her with
a splash of color. BUT, because she will be going
in my space at Marketplace 3301, I decided
to play it safe. If by chance she does.not.sell,
a splash of color she will get!!

Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Carri

Linking up at the following parties:
Keeping it Simple
Today's Creative Blog
Home Stories A2Z
Ginger Snap Crafts

The DIY Show Off

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! It has a ton more character now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your table is adorable, whats funny is that I just picked one up today that has been painted blue and it looks identical to yours. I may paint out the blue to a soft cream to better suit our room, thanks for sharing your beautiful makeover. When I get my done, i will post it on my blog.
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty! Love the wood stained top with the white and the detail on the drawer knob . . . lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful, love the wood stain and white! I'm sure it will sell in an instant, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!! Don'tchajustLOVE multi-purpose accent tables!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the table! Maybe you can stop on over to my place...I have about 20 pieces of furniture I would like to redo:)
    Thanks for sharing at Pinkalicious Thursday and I hope you'll play again tomorrow:)
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete