Yesterday I started working on a 6 pane old window. Ideally...it would have been great to have it shabbier but, "you gotta do what you can with what you have." I didn't bother with sanding or any touch ups. I did wash it up though.
I filled each of the three lower panes with different scrapbook paper pieces embellished with an elegantly simple dandelion theme. I used Elmer's spray adhesive to get them good 'n stuck. Sticky, sticky stuff and messy. Use caution when spraying it. ;)
I applied the middle vinyl first to make it easier to center the outer words.
**HINT: when putting vinyl on glass it's a good idea to moisten (weird word) the glass with Windex. It helps for TWO reasons: 1. easier to re-position if necessary and 2. helps lessen the chance of air bubbles between the glass and the vinyl**