Saturday, April 28, 2012

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

Wow!
I stepped out of my comfort
zone and created a wall coat rack
using a Chevron pattern.
I took an already
white cabinet door and
spray painted it flat white because
it was glossy.



Using my Silhouette and the 
large Chevron design, I cut
 a piece of vinyl to use
as a stencil.

I placed the vinyl on the door and
painted over it with grey. I had the paint
color matched at Ace Hardware.

I peeled the vinyl off to
expose the Chevron pattern.


I pre-drilled screw holes and
added 4 round grey knobs with
white circles on them. I purchased these
at our local Habitat for Humanity
ReStore.
They were love at first sight.
I'm kickin' myself for not getting
as many as I could find.


Then...I had creator's block. I wasn't sure what I wanted to add to the center.
Or what color I wanted the vinyl lettering to be.
>_<


FINALLY...decided on a saying  and a color
and created an Up Words & On Words
vinyl design.


Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to
dance in the rain.


And here is how it turned out:


Can't help it but
it turned out just like I
had hoped!!

YAY!

Thanks for stopping by!

Carri



@ the following link parties:

I Heart Nap Time
It's OVerflowing






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

DIY Show Off






 




 


3 comments:

  1. Totally Perfect!!! I'd love to have you share at my party...it JUST opened!!!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/overflowing-with-creativity-19.html

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can't believe you used a cabinet door! Way to be creative. I would love for you to share this at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/05/share-it-link-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be featured tomorrow at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete