Sunday, April 8, 2012

Simple table turned FAB!

First off,
Happy Easter!
Hope today finds you happy and well,
surrounded by good friends and family
and blessings beyond measure.

Where have I been? Why the lack of posts?
Lack of projects?
Between running a home daycare, my first grader
and everyday life...I have been beyond busy.
And I have a head cold right now so that's no good!


OK.
What?
A completed project?
A post?
What?

Yep!
Finally~
once again
Finally!!

I found this table at the bargain store
and knew it was coming home with me.


*apologies for the iPhone pics but it was handy*

 I didn't really want to pay
the $15 for it very badly.
There was an identical table to this one
but it had a mirror and matching stool for
$60.
Seeing that, it kind of eased the blow of the
$15.

I sanded it down and took the VERY ugly
gold drawer pull off. That was tricky
because it wasn't screwed in to the back of the
drawer on the inside. It was actually screwed
in to a piece of wood separating the drawer and
the drawer front. Umm...yeah, that probably
sounds confusing. Let's just leave it as tricky.
=)

I stained the top with Rust Oleum's
Ultimate Wood Stain in Kona.
The can says you can apply poly in one hour,
color achieved in one coat
and enhances natural wood grain.
and let me tell you what...
it's AMAZING!
It doesn't warn you that a
love affair will begin...
BEWARE!

I painted the rest in Benjamin Moore's
Camo.
Unfortunately...the Camo doesn't look anything
like Kate's kitchen island
over at Centsational Girl.

I sanded that down and decided to give it a worn,
shabby look using more Kona stain.

I put poly on the top, the drawer front and the
long piece across the top.
And I sealed the drawer pulls with spray
sealer.
Instead of replacing the drawer pull with
one large pull, I spray painted two small
flower designed pulls and place them on
the drawer using the holes already there.

And here is how it turned out~
{LOVE IT}
and it is already sold.



(I detest the air return vent and questioned my hubby as to why they are so big and ugly)

I am guessing this was used as a
vanity because it had flat iron burn marks on the top.
But I would use it as a
tall side/end/console table.

Anyway...
what do ya think?

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Carri


Partying at the following:



UndertheTableandDreaming





Sumo's Sweet Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment