Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dream: big little one

A very special little
girl in my life turned
1 year old in April.
Her Momma is my
first cousin and the little
Sister I never had.

I wanted to make her something
extra special.

I kept thinking to myself,
if I could encourage her
to do anything...anything at all
I would encourage her to
Dream.
No matter how big or how small~
life doesn't get any better then
when a dream comes true.

Here is what I used:
A re-purposed cabinet door
Sand paper
Paint
Vinyl as a Stencil
Decorative Knobs


While trolling Hobby Lobby one fine day,
I found some incredible vintage-Esq drawer pulls
in a light distressed pink.
Gorgeously adorable!


And while at our local Habitat for Humanity
ReStore one fine day I found the perfect
sized cabinet door:


I sanded it and painted the center green.
Spring Meadows.
I used this same color
to make this special little lady a
growth chart before she was even born!



I found a design for the center in the Silhouette Store.
I designed it so that there were
four of them to create a columned look.
I applied the vinyl and painted over it
with white. I also painted the edges.
Carefully, I peeled the vinyl off.
I also distressed it a little bit.
It was somewhat
painstaking and tedious.
But...it had to be done
and was soooo worth it in the end!



I designed the word Dream and found a
beautiful little butterfly to go with it.
I used my Cameo to cut it out.

I applied both to the center of the cabinet door.
I added the two adorable pink drawer pulls
and two black drawer pulls to the bottom
and made it a coat rack/pretty hanger.

Here it is:


And here it is in her room:



I'm so glad she can use it and it
will grow with her!
She is so loved!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Carri
Partying at the following:





1 comment: