Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thrift Planter-Redo

Oh yes! Look at what I found the other day. Just screaming for a little Redefining C makeover.


BEFORE:

(plain ol' unfinished wood crate & terra cotta pots)

It came with 3 terra cotta pots and a plastic tray for catching excess water. FUN!
So...outside I went with it. No sanding, no priming! I spray painted a coat of Rust-Oleum's Textured Dark Brown. Why textured? I was experimenting to see if it would sand differently. (no, it didn't.) Then I covered that with a coat of Krylon's Dover White. Then a light coat of Krylon's Outdoor Fern. AND just for kicks, I added another light coat of Dover White. =) I wanted the brown to antique it, the green to create that "old" green look and the Dover White for shabby-NESS!

I used Rust-Oleum's Cabernet (love) and spray painted the pots. You may be wondering by Cabernet?? Well, once I decided what I was going to fill the pots with...Cabernet became a complimentary color to my matchy-matchy world.


I filled them with cactus. Hens and Chicks cactus. (chicks and hens? tomayto...tomot oh??) I already had a plant pot full. Why not thin it out a little?? These little eye candy offer subtle spring greens tipped with burgundy almost purple tips. Oh la la! Oh la la!
(yep, cabernet=matchy, matchy love)

AFTER:



I am OH SO happy with this little project! Just enough of everything. And if you happen to notice...pot one has 1 plant, two has two plants, and three has three plants. Can't wait to see which one thrives the best!

Partying @ the Following:
Show and Tell Linking Party @ Blue Cricket Designs
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage



Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day!
Carri


1 comment: