Monday, May 9, 2011

courage plaque

Courage. I have clung to the word courage for 3 years now. Our home was broken in to a few months after we moved in. I am still slightly paranoid, VERY uneasy in the dark of night and superbly intolerant of strangers (and their dogs) walking through our yard and boulevard. With that being said, you now know why I cling to courage.

So, here is what I created today.

I started with an 11 1/4 x 11 1/4 mdf board that my husband cut from a 6' long board. He routered the edge for me also. OR maybe I routered this one. He made me router so I would know how. Truth be told...I have forgotten most of the steps. eek. It can be our little secret. =)


I painted it a light green called Spring Meadow.


(awful picture...my camera refused to pick up the green)

I used my Silhouette and cut out a Silhouette purchased design to be used as a background.


The white is where the vinyl was weeded away. Thus becoming what will actually be painted over to "transfer" the design to the plaque. I used Linen craft paint and painted over the vinyl. As well as a small portion on the top and bottom of the plaque. Before the paint was completely dry, I peeled the vinyl off. It added so much detail. {swoon} But it needed a little more honesty...a little more depth. So, I rubbed Walnut Distress Ink over it and wiped it off several times. {LOVE} It deepened the light green under tone and darkened the Linen color.

I created an Up Words & On Words vinyl design and cut it out. I transferred it to the plaque.

Here it is:





Courage.

Here's where I'm linking up:
Sunday:
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Show Off
Monday:
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Running With Glitter Link Party @ Running With Glitter
Market Yourself Monday @ :Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Anything Goes @ Decor Chick
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Thursday:
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Friday:
VIP Party @ Designer Garden
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Everything But The Kitchen Sink @ A Little Knick Knack
Saturday:
Sunday:
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Show Off

The Lettered Cottage


Thank you for stopping by! Please follow me and join in on the fun!
Have a great day!
Carri 

4 comments:

  1. Another great project. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there~ What a charming sign! I love how this turned out- would love for you to come share it at Feathered Nest Friday sometime too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your home was broken in to, such an awful thing to happen. But the sign looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! So sorry about your home. That is a big fear of mine.

    cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete