Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The "who found, repurposed and blogged about one of these already" Stand

Ok...soo...for the last hour~ An hour, I will never get back...I have been playing a little game called, "who found, repurposed and blogged about one of these already?" I know it! What a LONG title for such a mind numbing game huh?? Well despite my best efforts (which were very good) I can't for the bloglife of me find the blog where a similar repurpose took place. Game over-I lose. boo hiss!!

I just saw it not too long ago on thee blog of thee bloggess. NOW~>if you are the awesome blogger who repurposed one of these little gems DO let me know and I will get you added to this post. I'd love to attribute the source of my inspiration!

Whew! Exhausted!
Anyway, here is my version of
"who found, repurposed and blogged about one of these already?"



Whaawhoo! What a neat lil thrift store find!
I gave him a light sanding, wiped the dust away and gave him a coat of spray primer.
Once dry, I mixed, mixed and remixed various blues and grays using mostly craft paint. I came up with my own color of blue. Sadly, it turned out blue'r' than anticipated but that's ok.
I painted the drawer pull with Burnt Umber craft paint.


(eek...he looks baby blue here BUT he isn't really)

I sanded his edges a tad and added Walnut Distress Ink. I also ran the distress ink across the top, sides, insides and drawer front to give him a weathered look and to deepen the blue.



*crickets*
still lookin' a lil too blue here too...hmmm
must be because I don't know how to use my camera
=)
I may add more Distress Ink. Haven't decided.
I still like the way he turned out too blue or not!

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to follow me!

Partying @ the following:
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Everything But The Kitchen Sink @ A Little Knick Knack
Fun Day Friday @ Little Lucy Lu
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Show Off
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello
The Lettered Cottage

Have a great day!
Carri


4 comments:

  1. it turned out fab , now step away form the distress ink ! lol
    tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that, too...someone used it for a computer monitor or something. VERY cute! love the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love distress ink...it just adds that extra something, doesn't it? The blue looks perfect! Really, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it me...?

    http://emma-kaye.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete