Friday, March 18, 2011

Thrift frame Upcycle 2

This is the second of the two frames I picked up at the thrift store. It too was a basic backless black frame with 2 panes of glass. FAB find! And I knew instantly it would be perfect for a little redefined project featuring some Up Words & On Words vinyl. For custom vinyl or to see more of my designs check out my Etsy shop at http://www.upwordsandonwords.etsy.com/. You will also find this frame along with the other frame for sale.


This quote was brought to me by a cousin. It makes me think of her and it carries a pretty neat message.

Here's how I redefined it:
1. I sanded with fine sand paper to create a little grit.
2. I didn't prime it...I added a 2 coats of a "custom created" turquoise blue acrylic paint.
3. Sanded for an aged look exposing the original black paint and used mod podge to seal the paint.
5. I added black vinyl: DO ONE THING, THAT SCARES YOU  to the top pane.
6. I added beige vinyl: everyday to the bottom pane.
7. I left the back open so that your wall color creates the background color.
8. I added a simple black satin ribbon to incorporate another texture.

Linked to Designer Garden VIP Party:

Have a great day!
Carri

3 comments:

  1. Omigosh I love this Carri! You're awesome ;P I'm following you and more people should! Would you like to guest post on my blog next week? Let me know and we'll set up a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH thank you Sommer! I try. =) I would love to guest post on your blog next week. But, you will have to forgive me because I am very NEW to blog world. You may have to walk me through the process. I would appreciate the help and the exposure. Thanks so much again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!,I like your writing very much! percentage we communicate
    extra about your post on AOL? I need an expert in this space to solve my problem.
    Maybe that's you! Having a look forward to see you.
    My webpage :: site

    ReplyDelete